The CWI Prebudget Submission, Not Just Recovery: Building Community Development, Building Community Resilience, calls for investment in a range of areas including:
- the extension of the Pilot Community Development Programme to expand and extend autonomous community development projects in the most marginalised areas and with the most marginalised communities
- the extension of community development approaches in LEADER, SICAP and other programmes.
- the implementation of the Irish plans and strategies to address poverty, social exclusion and inequality.
- a drive to achieve an equal and sustainable recovery based on public services, fair taxation, valuing the care economy, equality and sustainability.
- universal health care that is accessible for all.
- public care systems that are accessible and affordable to all that need them.
- the care economy to create a society that values care, people and the planet.
Read the submission here