CWI working groups support our members to work collectivity in several ways:
- Facilitating knowledge sharing and updates from CWI and between members.
- Enabling dialogue, reflection and analysis on issues that matter for community workers.
- Creating a culture of mutual support and solidarity between community development workers and organisations.
- Amplifying CWI members’ voices in policy debates and public conversations in order to
champion CWI values and community development as a means of social change.
CWI convenes several networks which bring together allies in associated professions and organisations to address issues of common concern.
The networks operate in a similar manner to the working groups and facilitate cross-sectoral collaboration on key areas. Currently, CWI supports two networks:
- The Covid-19 NGO Group.
- The Community Development Mental Health Network.